If you sell on eBay or on your own website, having a strategy is key! Make goals to beat last year’s sales with these tips!
1. Establish your strategy. Will the online side of your business be used for selling goods and services, generating sales leads and displaying your product range, or for providing post-sales support?
2. Build your online shop. Your site may be your first point of contact with customers, so it must project the right image of your business.
3. Get it right behind the scenes. The way you handle orders has a major impact on customer perception and a trouble-free journey from purchase to receipt of goods can turn a one-off sale into repeat business.
4. Deliver the goods. Choose which distribution channels to use to get the goods to customers.
5. Market your online outlet. It’s no use having a great online sales channel if no one knows about it. Internet marketing, such as search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising and an e-newsletter, will get potential customers to your site.
6. Know the regulations. If you sell online, you have to follow a number of laws and regulations to ensure you trade fairly, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002, and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
7. Be secure. It’s important to protect against people hacking into your data. Virus software, password protection and firewalls offer front-line protection.
Brought to you by DreamWare Inc.